We are one of the fastest growing Podcast & Audiobook platforms in Europe and we are now looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team in Copenhagen.
This is the role
As we’re continuing our journey towards becoming the best bite-sized audio platform in the world, we need more manpower within the Artificial Intelligence team. Our senior data scientists are producing high value algorithms which need to be put in production early in the development process in order to ensure fast product iterations and best quality results.
We are looking for an experienced machine learning engineer to support the AI team with developing and putting their data products into production. More generally the machine learning engineer will help enforcing best practices, implement innovative solution architectures and build a lean data organization.
Your role will be bridging the AI team with both the data engineering team and the tech team. This implies the ability to both understand the requirements coming from machine learning based products and the current technical architecture of our products in order to ensure seamless and efficient integration.
You will help the teams bring ideas from conception to release while advocating for clean and understandable solutions along the whole journey. You are an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills. You are patient, understanding, ego-free, and eager to give and receive constructive feedback.
Expected start date: Soon! - but we’re flexible.
Your main responsibilities in this role:
- Develop machine learning based products with strong focus on NLP, information retrieval, recommender systems, reinforcement learning and causal inference
- Managing a dedicated Kubernetes cluster
- Implement CI/DC pipelines for data products
- Define and implement complex data processing pipelines
- Building micro-services for connecting internal and external services
- Help integrate algorithm-generated data into our Elastic Search search engine
- Implement data tracking to train new ML models
This is you
- Expert knowledge in the AI field particularly in the aforementioned fields
- Solid hands on experience with Kubernetes is a must
- Knowledge of search principles and technologies. Knowledge of vector search
- Good experience with Google Cloud Platform products incl. BigQuery, Kubernetes, Composer (Airflow), PubSub, etc.
- Fluency in languages such as Python, Rust and C#
- Advanced Level in SQL
- Experience in working within an agile, intensely iterative requirements and development process
- Effective communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical resources and peers.
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Comfortable with a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in creating a performant infrastructure for data collection, storage, processing and exposure, preferably with Google Cloud
- Solid experience with designing scalable and reliable data processes including handling with data pipelines and ETL processes
Naturally, being passionate and knowledgeable about podcasts, audio content, media, and entertainment is a big plus!
These are the benefits
Six month fully paid parental leave for all new parents - no matter your gender and no matter where in the world you live
Learning and development opportunities to make sure you stay on top of the game
Flexible work. Opportunity to work flexible hours and remote
- The chance to make an impact at an international company and see your work pay off immediately
Delicious lunch with great colleagues
This is us
Founded in Copenhagen in 2019, Podimo is a platform for podcast and audiobook lovers as well as audio content creators. Our app puts a world of podcasts and audiobooks at your fingertips. Our revenue-sharing model rewards creators for making content that people want to hear – whether they have an established following or a niche audience.
We're a courageous and curious bunch. We respect our coworkers’ ideas, opinions and time and we approach our work with integrity and humility, and recognize the value each and everyone brings. We believe that we are better together and we have zero time for brilliant jerks.
We’re fiercely passionate about creating, finding, and hearing great stories. We care for our creators and the beautiful stories they share and we have massive respect for their process as we help them bring their stories to life. We love what we do, but more importantly, we love to have a good time doing it.
We seek to build a company and culture that mirrors the diversity of the world we’re living in. This means; diversity of talent, voices, ideas, and thoughts. That goes both for our brand, our content, our creators, and our teams.
You are welcome at Podimo for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what stories you have playing in your headphones.
We are currently active in four European markets (Denmark, Norway, Germany, and Spain) and will be launching across more markets in the near future.