We are one of the fastest growing podcast & audiobook platforms in Europe. We are looking for a Commercial Lawyer to lead our small but growing legal team.
Come and join us on our journey to enrich lives through listening.
This is the role
As our Commercial Lawyer, your main focus will be helping to shape and implement strategic company objectives via the following responsibilities.
Your main responsibilities in this role:
- Content license agreements (licensing in of content)
- Content production agreements
- Business development agreements (e.g. distribution out of the Podimo service and various types of strategic partnerships)
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, part of the role will be to support the following interfaces directly or indirectly:
- Financing rounds
- Compliance, including but not limited to personal data protection and consumer legislation
This is you
You are comfortable in a fast-moving startup environment and able to draft from scratch at quality. Further you can guide the business in a calm and methodical manner and provide input to the business model and company strategy from a legal point of view.
Experience we’re looking for:
- General commercial background
- IP and licensing background
- Understand business models and new developing spaces
- Ability to draft agreements in English and from scratch is key
- Native English speaker or truly fluent in English both orally and written (including drafting)
- No less than 8-10 years experience of qualified legal work. Proper training is key (commercial law firm or in-house)
Naturally, being passionate and knowledgeable about podcasts, audio content, media, and entertainment is a big plus!
These are the benefits
- Six month fully paid parental leave for all new parents - no matter how you identify or where in the world you live
- Learning and personal development opportunities to help you thrive and enrich your skills in a fast-paced creator economy
- Opportunity to work flexible hours and remote
- The chance to make an impact at an international company and see your work pay off immediately
- Delicious lunch with great colleagues.
This is us
Founded in Copenhagen in 2019, Podimo is a platform for podcast and audiobook lovers as well as audio content creators. Our app puts a world of podcasts and audiobooks at your fingertips. Our revenue-sharing model rewards creators for making content that people want to hear – whether they have an established following or a niche audience.
We're a courageous and curious bunch. We recognize the value every individual brings, and respect our coworkers’ ideas, opinions, and time. We approach our work with integrity and humility, and believe that we are better together. We have zero time for brilliant jerks.
We’re fiercely passionate about discovering, creating, and obsessing over great stories. We support our creators deeply, and have massive respect for their process as we help them bring their most exciting ideas and stories to life. We love what we do, but more importantly, we have a good time doing it.
We seek to build a company and culture that mirrors the diversity of the world we’re living in. This means; diversity of talent, voices, ideas, and thoughts. That goes both for our brand, our content, our creators, and our teams.
You are welcome at Podimo for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what stories you have playing in your headphones.