We are one of the fastest growing podcast & audiobook platforms and we are now looking for a Commissioning Editor in Mexico who will be responsible for producing the best and most relevant audio entertainment on our Mexico app. Come and join us on our journey to enrich lives through listening.
This is the role
Using your podcast and audiobook expertise combined with a solid understanding of producing high-quality content within a commercial and strategic frame, you will help ensure that our users are met with a broad mix of original audio content with a wide appeal and within many genres.
The right candidate should have deep and positive relationships within the creative industry (audio, publishing, media, edutainment and other) in Mexico and other Latin American countries, besides having a track record of soliciting and reviewing a substantial volume of high-level show pitches from both audio content and commercial point of view.
You are a profile who thrives in a dynamic, creative work environment and who would love to be part of a start-up that is rapidly expanding all over the world!
Your main responsibilities in this role:
You will manage a wide range of shows from ideation through launch, while also overseeing a large volume of exclusives that will be in production simultaneously, and providing meaningful and calculated editorial and commercial feedback to the producers and talent in those shows.
- You will oversee administrative tasks, for instance keeping overview of production processes, budgets and contracts
- You will be an engine in the creative development and production of new concepts and at the same time also be providing editorial sparring on inbound ideas and productions
- You will think content from all angles, including the activation of content on social media and many other platforms
- You will inspire and guide content creators and producers, guiding them to create the best possible content
This is you
- Experience with podcasts and audiobook production at all stages
- You have a deep commercial understanding and you are used to integrating data into your work processes and decisions
- You have experience in project coordination and pay attention to the details
- You have a great understanding of the podcast and audiobook markets in Mexico and other Latin American countries
- You love communicating with many people every day in person, on the phone and in writing
- You are a team player with a positive spirit and a proactive approach
- Preferably, you are based in Mexico, but we can consider other locations in Latin America
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken
- You are willing to travel with work
Naturally, being passionate and knowledgeable about podcasts, audio content, media, and entertainment is a big plus!
This is us
Founded in Copenhagen in 2019, Podimo is a platform for podcast and audiobook lovers as well as audio content creators. Our app puts a world of podcasts and audiobooks at your fingertips. Our revenue-sharing model rewards creators for making content that people want to hear – whether they have an established following or a niche audience.
We're a courageous and curious bunch. We recognize the value every individual brings, and respect our coworkers’ ideas, opinions, and time. We approach our work with integrity and humility, and believe that we are better together. We have zero time for brilliant jerks.
We’re fiercely passionate about discovering, creating, and obsessing over great stories. We support our creators deeply, and have massive respect for their process as we help them bring their most exciting ideas and stories to life. We love what we do, but more importantly, we have a good time doing it.
We seek to build a company and culture that mirrors the diversity of the world we’re living in. This means; diversity of talent, voices, ideas, and thoughts. That goes both for our brand, our content, our creators, and our teams.
You are welcome at Podimo for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what stories you have playing in your headphones.
These are the benefits
- Up to six month fully paid parental leave for all new parents - no matter how you identify or where in the world you live
- Learning and personal development opportunities to help you thrive and enrich your skills in a fast-paced creator economy
- Opportunity to work flexible hours and remote
- The chance to make an impact at an international company and see your work pay off immediately
- Delicious lunch with great colleagues.