We are one of the fastest-growing podcast & audiobook platforms in Europe and we are now looking for Senior Financial Controller to join our growing team in a maternity cover.
Come and join us on our journey to enrich lives through listening.
This is the role
Based out of our HQ in Copenhagen, you will report directly to our Accounting Manager and work closely with our dynamic Finance team to support the business on all financial matters. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact as you support accounting and controlling issues on a global scale across multiple entities and countries.
This opportunity has arisen as our colleague is going on maternity leave - and we need a talented controller to take on the role while she is away. For the right person, there’s plenty of potential to continue in a permanent position after 12 months and excellent development opportunities in the job.
Your main responsibilities in this role:
Support all accounting and controlling issues at a global level, across 12+ entities and countries.
- Help consolidate monthly financials and management reporting packages.
- Support balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Preserve general ledger structure, continuously optimizing accounting processes.
- Assist with statutory audits and compliance and support the annual financial statement audit.
- Work together with the rest of the team on process improvements or other development projects that make us work smarter.
This is you
You are an organized and proactive team player that combines financial prowess with data skills. You have no problem rolling up your sleeves and getting things done independently and when working with the rest of your team. You thrive being part of a fast-paced organization where you have the opportunity to impact the way we work. You are a great communicator and are not afraid to communicate with stakeholders across the organization and get your point across.
Experience we’re looking for:
6+ years of financial accounting experience (CA, ACCA, CPA, or equivalent desired but not required).
- Preferably experience from an in-house finance position at a startup/high growth company and/or in a Big4-firm.
- Thorough understanding of Danish GAAP and preferably IFRS.
- Experience with statutory audit requirements.
- Experience in consolidations, including foreign entities.
- Open and clear communication style, fluency in English, proficiency in Danish.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Naturally, being passionate and knowledgeable about podcasts, audio content, media, and entertainment is a big plus!
These are the benefits
- Up to six months of fully paid parental leave for all new parents - no matter how you identify or where in the world you live
- Learning and personal development opportunities to help you thrive and enrich your skills in a fast-paced creator economy
- Opportunity to work flexible hours and remote
- The chance to make an impact at an international company and see your work pay off immediately
- Delicious lunch with great colleagues.
This is us
Founded in Copenhagen in 2019, Podimo is a platform for podcast and audiobook lovers and audio content creators. Our app puts a world of podcasts and audiobooks at your fingertips. Our revenue-sharing model rewards creators for making content that people want to hear – whether they have an established following or a niche audience.
We're a courageous and curious bunch. We recognize the value every individual brings, and respect our coworkers’ ideas, opinions, and time. We approach our work with integrity and humility and believe we are better together. We have zero time for brilliant jerks.
We’re fiercely passionate about discovering, creating, and obsessing over great stories. We support our creators deeply and have massive respect for their process as we help them bring their most exciting ideas and stories to life. We love what we do, but more importantly, we have a good time doing it.
We seek to build a company and culture that mirrors the diversity of the world we’re living in. This means; diversity of talent, voices, ideas, and thoughts. That goes both for our brand, our content, our creators, and our teams.
You are welcome at Podimo for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what stories you have playing in your headphones.