We are one of the fastest-growing podcast and audiobook platforms in Europe and we are now looking for a PR Manager to join our amazing DK team.
Come and join us on our journey to enrich lives through listening.
This is the role
We're not just about podcasts; we're about creating moments that’ll make you reflect, learn, think, and most importantly - listen. Our team is a tight-knit crew of storytellers and big dreamers, and we now need a PR Manager to help us shout our tales from the rooftops! As our PR Manager, you'll navigate the ever-evolving media and audio landscape, turning challenges into opportunities. This role is crucial in enhancing our brand visibility, reputation, and engagement in our home country of Denmark, while aligning with overall global PR objectives.
You’ll be reporting directly to the Global PR Director and sitting with the local team at our buzzing Copenhagen HQ, you’ll be responsible for planning, executing, and optimizing public relations strategies tailored to Danish market dynamics.
Your main responsibilities in this role:
- Collaborate with the Podimo DK team and Global PR Director to develop and implement a comprehensive local PR strategy aligned with global goals.
- Identify key local media, influencers, and stakeholders to build and nurture relationships for effective communication.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local media outlets, journalists, and influencers to secure positive coverage.
- Draft compelling press releases, pitches, and media kits tailored to the local market, ensuring consistency with global messaging.
- Develop creative and effective strategies for new show launches and reactivation of content, working closely with creators and teams on messaging and rollout.
- Work with creators for ongoing PR opportunities throughout their shows.
- Plan and execute local events, and partnerships that enhance brand visibility and resonate with the Danish audience.
- Provide regular reports on PR activities, and coverage - and analyse this data to measure the effectiveness of your PR campaigns.
- Localize global PR content to ensure cultural relevance and resonance with the local audience.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with local teams to ensure communication channels are aligned on messaging.
This is you
We're looking for an awesome and dedicated team player who resonates with our values of being caring, courageous, and curious. You have the mindset of a team player and possess an inclusive personality - you love working alongside a wide range of dedicated colleagues, both locally and globally. On top of this, your superpowers includes:
Experience we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- 3-6 years of proven PR experience in the Danish market, maybe even within the media/entertainment space
- A natural people person who thrives in forging strong relationships with media outlets and influencers
- Strong understanding of the Danish media landscape, cultural nuances, and consumer behavior.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in Danish and English.
- Amazing storytelling abilities to craft compelling narratives that captures hearts and minds
- A growth mindset and the motivation to work at the intersection between strategy and execution. You’re a do’er, you follow up, and you make sure we tell the best stories at the right time.
Naturally, being passionate and knowledgeable about podcasts, audio content, media, and entertainment is a big plus!
These are the benefits
Up to six months of fully paid parental leave for all new parents - no matter how you identify or where in the world you live
ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) for all employees, no matter where in the world you live.
Free online therapy sessions through We.Care.
Delicious lunch with great colleagues.
Learning and personal development opportunities to help you thrive and enrich your skills in a fast-paced creator economy.
- Opportunity to work flexible hours and remotely.
- The chance to make an impact at a growing international company and see your work pay off immediately.
This is the hiring process
We invite you to showcase why you're the perfect fit to be our new PR Manager.
Here's how you can make your resume stand out: Tailor your resume to fit the job you are applying for. We want you to outline your relevant experience, skills, and achievements, and to consider how your background and accomplishments make you the right fit for this role. We do not care about fancy headshots, so leave out your photo - we would rather learn about your skills and competencies through a well-written resume, and a nice story about what motivates you and how you thrive the best in a work-setting.
Equal opportunity employer
Podimo is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe in equal opportunities for all in our workplace. We don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age or political orientation, no matter where we operate.
This is us
Founded in Copenhagen in 2019, Podimo is a platform for podcast and audiobook lovers as well as audio content creators. Our app puts a world of podcasts and audiobooks at your fingertips.
We're a courageous and curious bunch. We recognize the value every individual brings and respect our coworkers’ ideas, opinions, and time. We approach our work with integrity and humility and believe that we are better together. We have zero time for brilliant jerks.
We’re fiercely passionate about discovering, creating, and obsessing over great stories. We support our creators deeply and have massive respect for their process as we help them bring their most exciting ideas and stories to life. We love what we do, but more importantly, we have a good time doing it.
We seek to build a company and culture that mirrors the diversity of the world we’re living in. This means; diversity of talent, voices, ideas, and thoughts. That goes both for our brand, our content, our creators, and our teams.
You are welcome at Podimo for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what stories you have playing in your headphones.