We are one of the fastest-growing podcast & audiobook platforms in Europe and we are now looking for Engineering Managers to join our growing Tech team. Come and join us on our journey to enrich lives through listening.
This is the role
We are looking for experienced engineering managers to help us grow and develop our team of skilled tech people. Our Tech team is currently working out of Copenhagen (DK) and Vilnius (LT) and you will take on an essential leading role in creating a world-class product together with our engineers and developers.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Build and maintain a team that trusts each other with a focus on the professional and personal growth of your team, incl. conducting 1:1 meetings and performance/ compensation reviews
- Collaborate closely with other Engineering leads and our CTO to bring continuous improvements and take our Engineering organization to a new level
- Empower developers to innovate
- Manage cross-functional teams dependencies and focuses by making sure that they are on board on priorities.
- Focus on sprints successes, working with PO with planning and retrospectives.
- Measure and improve team performance.
This is you
We are looking for colleagues who want to be part of taking our Engineering organization to the next level. You understand the concepts of working in an international startup environment and you thrive in collaborating cross-functional with your colleagues across the company. In more detail, you will thrive in this role if you:
- are experienced engineering manager who comes from an international engineering background and who understands the full engineering processes
- are able to communicate on all levels of the organization; from your team of engineers and developers to senior management.
- are super proactive and innovative, able to think outside the box, recognize the most important problem to solve, and relentlessly go at it.
- are able to manage conflicts and find a win-win solution
- have good experience working with teams that work sprints
- have good know-how about mobile, web, and backend systems
- have good communication skills in English and possibly Lithuanian (not a must)
Naturally, being passionate and knowledgeable about podcasts, audio content, media, and entertainment is a big plus!
These are the benefits
- Up to six months of fully paid parental leave for all new parents - no matter how you identify or where in the world you live
- Participation in our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) program
- Learning and personal development opportunities to help you thrive and enrich your skills in a fast-paced creator economy
- Flexible ways of working with the opportunity to work flexible hours and remote
- The chance to make an impact at an international company and see your work pay off immediately
- Delicious lunch with caring colleagues in a vibrant atmosphere
This is us
Founded in Copenhagen in 2019, Podimo is a platform for podcast and audiobook lovers as well as audio content creators. Our app puts a world of podcasts and audiobooks at your fingertips. Our revenue-sharing model rewards creators for making content that people want to hear – whether they have an established following or a niche audience.
We're a courageous and curious bunch. We respect our co-workers’ ideas, opinions and time, and we approach our work with integrity and humility, and recognize the value each one brings.
We’re fiercely passionate about creating, finding, and hearing great stories. We care for our creators and the beautiful stories they share, and we have massive respect for their process as we help them bring their stories to life. We love what we do, but more importantly, we love to have a good time doing it.
We’re building a company and culture that mirrors the diversity of the world we’re living in. This means; diversity of talent, voices, ideas, and thoughts. That goes both for our brand, our content, our creators, and our teams.